Rochester Social Security Disability Attorney
More than three million people apply for Social Security disability benefits each year, according to the Social Security Administration (SSA). Yet those benefits are not always easy to obtain, even for people who suffer from a legitimate disability and cannot work. In fact, nearly two out of three people who apply for disability are denied benefits. That is why some hire a skilled lawyer in order to get the benefits they deserve.
Having legal representation in a Social Security disability (SSD) case can be valuable because—
- Experienced Social Security disability lawyers in Rochester know the complex rules and regulations of the Social Security process.
- Skilled Rochester lawyers can increase your odds of winning disability benefits by more than 50 percent.
Social Security Disability facts and statistics
- About 6.9 million disabled workers in the United States account for about 17 percent of all of the benefits paid out by the SSA.
- The average age of disabled workers receiving SSD and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is 51.8 years.
- Of the people eligible for SSI, about 83 percent receive payments based on disability or blindness.
- More than three million children under the age of 18 and students aged 18 to 19 receive SSD benefits.
Here are some other interesting facts and statistics about the SSD approval and denial process:
- Seven out of 10 applications for SSD benefits are denied.
- More than eight out of 10 first appeals (reconsiderations) are also denied.
- About half of all second appeals (hearing before a judge) are denied.
If you are considering filing a SSD claim, or if your claim was denied, the best course of action is to seek a Social Security attorney to either guide you through the initial process or to assist you with your appeal for benefits. Attorney Donald R. Bleier will work with you to maximize your chances of success. He knows and understands the process, the paperwork, and the very specific Social Security disability rules and regulations. Please feel free to call us at (866) 454-9090 or (585) 563-9054.